Friday, October 17, 2008

October 17, 2008

Look at me, I'm doing a bangup job of keeping this blog updated! *pats self on back* Maybe it's because Blaze feel so much more like he's "mine" than Spree ever did, or just that I see so much potential in our relationship...who knows? I free lunged him a little bit yesterday, and by free lunge I mean just asked him to run around me. I embarassingly realized that my kissing to call him to me was probably very confusing to him-whoops. Next time I'll just turn and angle away from him and call his name.

Video from free lunging:


We definitely have stuff to work on. I got some good advice from http://www.horseforum.com/ and know that I need to start bringing a whip in wiht me when I feed him. He's just too pushy when it comes from food and he needs to know stepping all over me is NOT ok. I was also getting really frustrated because the minute I took him out of his small pasture he was mowing across the grass and it took all my effort to ger his head up before he'd ram it right back down again. In a way tho, I don't blame him-the grass where he was was very sparse.

I finally got paid for some overdue editing work, so with my $60 I bought a used grooming kit and complete bridle. I'm also about to order a rope halter-I think he'll be a lot more responsive in one. I need to send off $15 in cash this weekend to a girl for a full cheek snaffle. I'd eventually like to get some washless shampoo, as it's getting really cold here, and maybe a AP square quilted pad. Not yet tho, it's not necessary. Actually what I need next is cold weather boots-my rubber ones won't be cutting it much longer!

There's a party at the barn tonight. I'm jamming home, playing with my dogs, making some hummus and heading out there. I want to smooch my pony boy :) I totally kissed his face yesterday. I don't think I'll stay late, because I'm battling some kind of cold, and my couch and dogs beckon. Ok, a hot toddy too, I can't lie. Tomorrow will be a great day to go out and bond with Blaze (I want to ride so badly!); I love weekends.

A

No comments: