Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 11, 2008


Well, tomorrow's the big day! I feel kinda bad, but not really. Karen, Blaze's owner, called me this morning to let me know his Coggins results had arrived and they were going to haul tomorrow. This worked perfectly for me, because I'm making food for our dinner w/my co-worker Paula tonight and it's already 1:40 pm. Then she called back and said there was something wrong with the brake wires on her husband's truck and they wanted to haul today. Um, ok, but I have dinner plans and they wouldn't be hauling until dinner time today. I had to tell them that tomorrow still worked best for me. Oh well :/

I'm so excited! I have picked out the wormer to buy that he'll need on October 20, and have been doing research on different feeds. I think what I'll go with is a ration balancer, and get him off of all those high starches and sugars. I don't think he'll be as "hyper" a horse with the right diet and exercise. I have his tack all ready to take to the barn, but need to order a full-cheek snaffle. I also need to track down/put together a basic grooming kit. I forgot to ask if they're bringing his lunge line; if not, I need one of those as well. I'm going to spend the first week just working with him on the ground and loving on him so we can establish a relationship. I am pretty nervous, but I'm sure everything will work out well. I've got all my bases covered and am not responsible for vet bills, which is the biggest worry. The other stuff I know I can afford.

Whew. I don't have much else to say at this point, but I'm sure I will tomorrow after he gets there. I've watched him race around looking for his buddies so I hope this transition isn't too tough on him :(

No comments: